HPA become a member of Water Europe
3 June 2020
HPA Application to be a member of Water Europe was validated in 28 May 2020
Güfte sokak Filiz Ap 8/9, Kavaklidere
06680 Cankaya Ankara
Friday, May 29th 2020
Dear Mr. Yıldız,
I am glad to inform you that the Board of Directors of the Water Europe (WE) has validated your
application to become an associate member in College G.
In accordance with Article of Association of WE your membership has been approved by the board in
2019 and will be valid for a period of 2 years (to 31.12.2021). As Associate member, the
• Endorses the WE vision.
• Can participate in WE activities as a full member.
• Is not able to vote at the AGM or at the meetings of the Board of Directors.
• Can renew its membership of Water Europe every 2 years accompanied by the receipt of a
written declaration of engagement.
• Does not pay an annual membership fee.
• Authorizes WE to use its logo on the WE website and documents related to membership or
based on common activities.
The Hydropolitics Association is a bipartisan, nonprofit, non-governmental organization founded in
2015 and headquartered in Ankara, Turkey. It aims to promote sustainable water resources
management and advancing local, regional and global water, food, energy and environmental
security and prosperity by providing strategic insights and policy solutions to decision-makers. The
Association’s priorities are: fostering dialogue between organizations involved in water matters;
increasing society’s awareness and concern for water; contributing to the prevention and resolution
of water-related conflicts.
Therefore, Water Europe and the Hydropolitics Association mutually undertake to:
• Promote and advocate for their common targets in their agendas;
• Promote the activities of both the Hydropolitics Association and Water Europe through their
• Actively participate in and contribute to the working groups set up by Water Europe,
relevant to the Hydropolitics Association;
• Encourage the Hydropolitics Association’s participation in Water Europe events and vice
• Make reading materials from Water Europe and the Hydropolitics Association available
during water-related events which each of them participates to or organizes;
• Cooperate in joint projects on issues such as sub-national hydropolitics, water supply,
sanitation, adaptation to climate change and drought, with particular regard to the
I am delighted to welcome your organization to Water Europe and I wish us a mutual success. I look
forward to meeting you or one of your colleagues soon in a WE workshop.
President of Water Europe